Sunday, December 11, 2005

"Reality" bytes

Interesting to note that to the same degree that my wife is drawn to reality programing, I am repulsed by it. The problem I have with it is that these shows consistantly give the human species such ample opportunity to showcase its dark side. I'm not saying that I'm any better than these people, I just don't find it entertaining to watch people be the jerks they are. Not to mention the fabricated moments of drama throughout each episode. "And the next person to be eliminated . . . . . from . . . . . . . . . . . (insert show title here) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (the viewer dozes off and suddenly awakens, uncertain of how much time has passed) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

It must be said that having spent most of the 90's as a devotee to Must-See-TV on Thursday nights, I am now wise to the hypnosis television shows employ to keep us tuning in week after week for fear of missing out on some new development that will "change EVERYTHING". Ross and Rachel cured me of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home