Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is Three-and-a-half Years long enough?

Ahh, this crazy internet thing. It makes sure that we have plenty to keep us occupied and supplies us a myriad reasons not to go outside. And, if we're paying attention, it allows us to realize that we are all ultimately like three-year-olds; drifting in the direction of any new shiny thing that comes across our field of vision. Just the way the creators of web content intended.

But we're not paying attention.

In the 42-or-so months since my last blog, I have taken part in the herd mentality that has seen most of my friends and associates fade from Blogger (which I just found out Google owns now -- who knew?), led them to create and decorate like Christmas trees from hell and subsequently delete accounts on myspace, and carried them into the waiting, seemingly-secure-but-not-really arms of facebook. And it is there that I too spend an increasing amount of my dwindling stationary time.

So that's where I've been, and I know you know this, because you've been right there with me. But there's something appealing about this format dedicated to stringing more than a glib comment's worth of words together, and I may spend more time here again. Myspace we can all live without, but hopefully, we're not ready to lay aside the possibility of actually sharing what's on our hearts and minds. At least, I hope not.

See you in four years. "I hope not" applies to that also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home