Friday, December 30, 2005

Movie Quotes: REVEALED

The movie quotes are from "Waking Ned Devine", "A Hard Day's Night", and "Noises Off", respectively. All worth a watch, if you haven't yet.

Quote two is about John McCartney, allegedly Paul's grandfather. The running joke throughout the film is various random people commenting that he's very clean. It's funny even now, but it's an inside joke; Back when the movie was made (1964) the same actor, Wilfrid Brambell, played a regular role on a British sitcom where he was regularly called a "dirty old man".

I need a hobby . . . a DIFFERENT hobby.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

How about BARBERSHOPPING?!! I hear it is a very good hobby and you might get to see your wife more often . . . . or not.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah. What Mom said.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I was not even close.

By the way, the quotes I left in the comments of your last post are from the 1944 version of Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland. What a great movie!

8:25 AM  
Blogger katy said...

Chris, you KNOW you would be my lifeline if... I mean when I'm on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".

Hi Regis....

7:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank you Katy. I would gladly help out but beware; Beatles trivia, I got. Current events, not so much.

11:06 AM  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

I think my favorite quote from HDN is:

"has any one seen Paul's grandfather? yeah, he went down the uhh... oh down the uhh... yeah down the uhh... well give him a few more minutes then."

It comes in handy all the time.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Another glorious moment from the mind of Dick Lester. Good call, pie guy!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home